Ocean Spirit is a once in a lifetime experience in one of the most magnificent locations on Earth -Michaelmas Cay.
A unique reef environment - a pristine sand cay surrounded by fringing reef and a protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds.
Be active and enjoy all the included activities – snorkel in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-sub for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and observe the island bird life. Throughout the day, the “beach buggy shuttle” will transfer you between Ocean Spirit and the beach. If you prefer a more leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef, relax on the beach or onboard Ocean Spirit’s spacious decks. The choice is yours!
|7.30am||Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for boarding passes.|
|8:00 am||Boarding commences. Complimentary tea and coffee served until departure.|
|8:30am||Depart Cairns for Michaelmas Cay and the Great Barrier Reef|
|9:00am||Safety demonstration, reef brief and snorkelling demonstration..|
|9:30am||Informative Marine Biologist slide show presentation.|
|10.00am||Dive brief for introductory divers.|
|10:30am||Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef Activities commence: |
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Scuba diving for introductory divers. (Dive session times are 11:00am, 12:15pm & 1:30pm)
|12:00-1.30pm||Buffet lunch served onboard. |
Time to enjoy more Reef Activities!
|2:30pm||Afternoon tea is served onboard|
|On completion of safety head count we depart Michaelmas Cay for return journey to Cairns.|
|Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.|
Our buffet lunch is catered by a 5 Star Cairns Hotel to meet a variety of tastes and needs, including Gluten Free and vegetarian dishes. If you have any food allergies or specific dietary requirements, please advise at time of booking. Please note an extra charge may apply for some requests.
Ocean Spirit Cruises
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns.
- 8.5 hours experience with 4 hours on the Reef.
- Morning and afternoon teas.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch including fresh prawns.
- Fish feeding presentation on arrival
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction.
- Buoyancy vests.
- Marine Biologist presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
- Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.
- Lycra suits
- FREE Reef Teach Presentation - Value $23 AUD